Thursday, November 06, 2008

the 'JAZZ' in you

A week since I last post up something I think. Been very, very busy. Actually this has been a very boring week that I don’t really know what to talk about.

Let’s talk about Friday. Got ready to go to the jazz concert at the Rizqun Hotel. I wore all black since the receptionist told me on the phone to wear a smart casual attire. Picked up Jynn from his house at 5p.m. and we went to the beach for a while. Took some capoeira photos and head out to the mall at 6.15p.m.


I wasn’t expecting to see a lot of people but somehow the hall was full. The event was suppose to start at 7 but turns out that they were waiting for the guest of honour to arrive.

The concert was freaking awesome! The band is called ‘Unit Asia’ (details on my previous post). They played 10 songs that night. Out of that, 3 are my personal favourite.

‘One Town’

A duet between the guitarist and the pianist. The song is mellow but great.

‘Walking Around the K’
Somehow this song doesn’t sound like jazz. The guitar was more to rock. If you know the band ‘Fall of Troy’ then you would know what I mean. If I’m not mistaken, it is in this song that the drummer played a solo longer that 5 minutes and it was awesome! Maybe it’s this song that has a little bit of reggae tune. By the way, ‘K’ is another name for Tokyo.

‘Adventure of the Sanchiki’
A song composed by the guitarist. Don’t know what to say, it’s just awesome you know, leaves you speechless.

So they finished performing the 10 songs, received standing ovation from the audience and guess what, after they went out, they came back in to perform not 1, but 2 encores.

‘Midnight Two’
This song started with a bass solo and never in my life, have I heard a bassist played a bass in full harmonics (just towards the end). he didn’t play the normal, electric bass but one of those cello bass I think, the fretless one. Goddamnit! I wanna learn.

‘For the children’
This song is great for a closing. It was mellow, smooth jazz and somehow calms you down.

Only when the concert ended that me and Jynn saw our friends from the UIC, not all but only some of 'em, around 7-8 altogether. We went to the food court to get something to eat and after that went down to the parking lot, saw some cool cars, took some pictures and finally went home. I arrived at 11p.m. but hell yeah it was worth it.



So that was that. From the start of this week till now, nothing much really happened. People are having their exams so most of my school time I spent it in the library. I received my results for my EOY Geo and GP paper; 39% for Geo and 60% for GP.

Two days ago, me and Hafiz Qilah hanged out at G Faiz’s house since we went back early. Played some games, had lunch and after sending Hafiz home, hanged out with Jynn in the Sengkurong area. Not much to do so yeah.

Gonna have my Chemistry practical this Saturday, so hoping to do well. Not gonna get distracted since I finished watching ‘Family Guy’, ‘South Park’, ‘Robot Chicken’ and ‘Pushing Daisies’ which Pinji lend me. I have only one more movie to watch, a Japanese movie called ‘9 Soul’. Soon~

So that’s all I guess, till next time, ja~

No comments: