Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Goodbye to all

This, I can say is the saddest week for the PU1 students. This will be a week full of tears from them. Yes, most of the scholars will be leaving this week.

The sadness began when we discovered who the scholars are. On the day they received the news, they were again, in tears, both joy and sadness.

Then there was the farewell party held at the Holiday Lodge in Jerudong on the 23rd (last Saturday). It was a great night filled with great performances and everyone was enjoying themselves, big hand to the organisers, Sarah and Izzy. The party ended with everyone apologising, by the scholars and to the scholars. Tears roll down their cheeks and hugs were given to one other.

Finally, the day of leaving came. It was on the 26th August (yesterday). Sure we were noisy, lots of pictures was taken. We tried to spend as much time as possible with the scholars just before they fly off. Some would laugh, some would shout, just to cover up their true feelings. As for me, I tried to let off some tears but I guess my manly ego wouldn’t let me. Hugs and tears. We sang the school song for the last time and that was the happiest moment and when they were called upon, the air was again filled with sobs and sadness and grief, the pain of letting go was just too much.

How I wish I can go to every days they leave but transportation problem prevent me to do so. I really want to go and sent off all my close friends, especially the favessians, I know I’m not really that bonded with all of you but being in the same class before, makes us family. If I can’t send you off, I would like to apologise wholeheartedly. All I can do is wish you guys all the best in UK and when you return next time, maybe we all should have a small reunion.

I don’t know why, but when everyone cried before, I felt nothing but now when I’m typing this out, I can feel the sadness, the emptiness, the sense of loss as if something went missing and when I think hard, I was the loss of my friends. After reading the UIC’s blog, I now can feel the pain. Goddamnit.

No comments: