Friday, April 24, 2009

who let the dogs out?

Let me tell you how the day starts. The previous night I got a text from one of the Hulubalang’s member, saying that we have an early practice at 6 in the morning. I didn’t mind, since we really need it.

So anyway, got up very early, got ready and was on my way. Picked up Amir from his house and finally went to Belapan. Everything was great. It was a hot day but what the heck, it was still alright. The events started around 7.30 with the National Anthem and School song followed by aerobics led by year 7 & 8 students and then the sports day vow, led by our own Haziq Hazazi of Pahlawan.

*skip skip* marched past from every house, by year 7 & 8. Soon after, the moment of truth, field performance. Hulubalang kicked off the show. While dancing, I don’t think we did okay. Somehow, it felt like the longest 2 minutes ever. As soon as we end our performance, I rushed off to the gate side to get a good view of how every other houses did and they were a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!

A big load was lifted off my shoulder right after that. So, all I have to do was to wait for the day to end. I spent the day, somehow with the girls. Oh well, I guess that’s just me. Had a great time, a good laugh and all those shits.

*more skipping* the moment of truth. Everyone assembled on the field for the announcement of the result. It sure took a long time to announce the marched past, field events and overall winner, no thanks to the medal awards or something like that.

Yada-yada and shits like that, finally the announcement. Marched past won by Panglima, field events by Panglima and overall by Pahlawan. Great isn’t it? I expected these results by the way. I mean Hulubalang was good but I guess we weren’t good enough. But hey, at least we won due to team spirit and as someone informed me few minutes ago; Hulubalang was high in team spirit.

Don’t worry Hulubalang-ians, we did great even if we didn’t win anything, 2nd place is good enough. Hopefully the juniors can recover and continue Hulubalang’s winning streak next year.

RUMAH DI HULU,
RUMAH BERBALANG,
JUARA DAHULU,
JUARA SEKARANG!!!

“WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?”
“HU-HULUBANG!!!”

No comments: